How Community Perception of Ecotourism Affect Participation of Ketambe Village Community in Mount Leuser National Park, Southeast Aceh

  • Rina Suprina Sekolah Tinggi Pariwisata Trisakti
  • Nurbaeti Nurbaeti Sekolah Tinggi Pariwisata Trisakti
  • Marissa Pusparini Sekolah Tinggi Pariwisata Trisakti

Abstract

This research was conducted to determine the effect of community perceptions of ecotourism on the participation of Ketambe Village community in Mount Leuser National Park, Southeast Aceh. In this study the method used was descriptive correlational method with simple regression analysis by making the Ketambe Village community as the population in this study. The results of this study show that community perceptions about ecotourism in Mount Leuser National Park are good or positive. The desire to participate also looks good, namely participation in working or doing entrepreneurship in the field of tourism, providing land, participation in maintaining environmental cleanliness and safety, and participation in explaining tourist attraction objects. The correlation between community perceptions of ecotourism towards the participation of the Ketambe Village community is 0.511 which indicates that there is a relationship between community perceptions and community participation. The influence of community perception on community participation is 26.1% and the remaining 73.9% is influenced by other variables.

Published
2019-07-09
How to Cite
SUPRINA, Rina; NURBAETI, Nurbaeti; PUSPARINI, Marissa. How Community Perception of Ecotourism Affect Participation of Ketambe Village Community in Mount Leuser National Park, Southeast Aceh. Tourism Proceeding, [S.l.], p. 198 - 205, july 2019. Available at: <http://jurnalpariwisata.stptrisakti.ac.id/index.php/Proceeding/article/view/1280>. Date accessed: 20 sep. 2019.